In the 2016 Federal Budget, the Government of Canada established the Social Infrastructure Fund (SIF). SIF features a Social Housing Improvement Program (SHIP) for social housing renovations and retrofits. SHIP-eligible projects include:
Major retrofits or renovations:
- Old or obsolete building or site components
- Major building systems and services
- Kitchens and bathrooms
- Safety equipment and systems
- Parking facilities and walkways
- Including unit conversions and demolition and reconstruction of all or part of a development
Projects that Support Other Federal Policy Goals:
- Work that improves energy efficiency or water conservation
- Substantial modifications that provide/improve accessibility
The deadline to commit SHIP projects is December 31, 2016. Service Managers must move quickly to identify and prepare submissions for eligible projects.
HSC Technical Services Can Help You Meet Deadlines, Deliver Quality Projects
HSC Technical Services is the Owner’s Advocate. We work in your best interest and ensure that your projects meet your capital requirements; contractors are held accountable; and projects are delivered on time and on budget.
Identifying & Prioritizing
- Got Asset Planner? UMP? Building Condition Audits (BCAs)? HSC can help interpret data about your portfolio to identify projects that meet SHIP criteria and deliver the greatest impact. Need to update your existing BCAs? Or help to verify your data from Asset Planner? We can help with that too!
- We can help manage the complete procurement process for capital projects or design services – from developing a scope of work, completing the tender process to recommending a proponent
- Technical Services can provide as much or as little project management support as you require. We can deliver full project management services through the lifecycle of the project or take on a particular element of your project