Energy Services – Natural Gas Purchasing, Utility Management, Resident Engagement, Best Practices in Building Asset Management
Utility costs are the single largest, controllable expense in social housing. To support Ontario’s housing sector in becoming more cost-effective and environmentally friendly, HSC offers a range of integrated energy services and resources that cover:
- Natural gas group purchasing: Since 2003, HSC has delivered a province-wide gas purchasing program for social housing providers. Our program offers predictable prices, flexibility on exposure to spot market prices and options to drive savings through better energy management. [Find out more about HSC’s value-added features not offered by other programs]
- Utility Management: HSC’s Utility Management Program (UMP) allows housing providers to easily track utility use, manage energy consumption, and save money. Our goal is to lead the way for accessible and easy-to-use energy analysis for all residential multi-family buildings across Ontario. [Read more about UMP]
- Resident and staff engagement: Conserving energy in social housing takes more than just operational or technical measures – because unlike commercial buildings, occupants in residential buildings exercise a lot more control over how much energy is consumed. In fact, studies have shown that savings of 10% can be achieved simply by showing people how much energy they are using. [Find out about how HSC’s Community Champions Program can help educate and engage residents and staff in your organization]
- Procurement and project management for energy-saving projects: Our Technical Services experts can help Service Managers and housing providers save money through their project management services.
- Information Resources to Support Smart Decision-making: We have in-house experts in utility management and energy conservation. In addition, providers can access a range of resources, including
To access any of these services or find out more, contact HSC Energy Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.