Expires On : March 20, 2019
Posted On : February 20, 2019
Company Name: Ontario Aboriginal Housing Services
Job Contact : HRSSM@oahssc.ca
Ontario Aboriginal Housing Services (OAHS), Sault Ste. Marie, Dryden, Hamilton, London, or Peterborough, ON
Position: Revenue Analyst
Closing: Posting will remain open until position is filled
Term: Secondment or Contract position (up to 1 year)
Ontario Aboriginal Housing Services (OAHS) provides safe and affordable housing for First Nation, Métis, and Inuit people living in urban and rural areas of Ontario. Our Vision is “to lead the design, development and delivery of sustainable and culturally appropriate housing that promotes excellence in the Aboriginal community and organizational infrastructures”.
Services, provided throughout the province from our provincial office located in Sault Ste. Marie and satellite offices in other communities, include:
- Property management of over 2300 subsidized housing units;
- Provision of assisted homeownership program providing down payment and home purchase assistance;
- Provision of an assisted homeowner repair program;
- Supportive housing services for our tenants;
- Supporting the development of new housing; and
- Program management, development and title services to local community organizations
We are currently seeking a Revenue Analyst, reporting to the Director of Property Management, the successful applicant will provide support to OAHS by, effectively managing and controlling incoming revenue as well as offer guidance/support on new ways to improve/sustain revenue growth.
The Revenue Analyst can be based out of the following OAHS locations: Sault Ste. Marie, Dryden, Hamilton, London, or Peterborough.
Duties and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Support OAHS’s mission and vision and make significant contributions to the achievement of the corporate strategic plan;
- Lead the development and implementation of new strategies to achieve revenue maximization;
- Perform ongoing and monthly revenue analysis and reporting to management;
- Work in compliance with company policies, procedures, and government laws and regulations;
- Analyze and resolve, in a cross-team environment, issues related to revenue;
- Conduct detailed reviews for internal and external compliance for revenue-related Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- Provide guidance and expertise in the development and amendment of revenue SOPs;
- Plan and assist in the development of enhanced systems controls related to revenue;
- Coordinate the development, implementation, and control of revenue management initiatives;
- Accountable for review and approval of Rent Calculation Terms, whether Rent-Geared-to-Income, Affordable, Market Rent, or otherwise;
- Prepare general forms, letters, reports, presentations and memos, as required;
- Other duties, as assigned.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Knowledge of and an appreciation for Indigenous culture and demonstrated values that focus on assisting people;
- Completed post-secondary education in Accounting, Finance or related area, or a combination of education and related work experience;
- Working towards, or have obtained CPA or CAFM designation(s) will be considered an asset;
- High degree of accuracy and analytical skills;
- Excellent problem-solving skills, along with the ability to use sound judgment;
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment;
- Strong communicator and well-developed interpersonal skills;
- Proficiency with MS Word, Outlook and, particularly Excel.
Conditions of employment:
- Ability to travel as required (limited);
- Ability to work varying hours/days if required;
- Valid CPIC clearance (Criminal Records check) and/or Vulnerable Sector Check;
- In return for your ongoing excellent performance, strong work ethic, and commitment to our vision, mission, values, strategic plan, and the people we serve, Ontario Aboriginal Housing Services offers a comprehensive compensation package. This comprehensive compensation package includes:
- Challenging and fulfilling work; an inclusive and supportive team; and a work environment steeped in and guided by Indigenous culture;
- Additional paid holidays (in addition to statutory holidays) include Louis Riel Day, National Aboriginal Day, Remembrance Day, and Family Day;
- Opportunity for cultural, educational and other approved leaves;
- Supported training opportunities for personal and professional development while reciprocally enhancing organizational capacity; and
- A competitive salary in pay band B4 with a range of $39,000.00 to $62,400.00.
Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
- Ability to sit at a desk for extended periods of time during the work day;
- Ability to communicate verbally, in person and by telephone with colleagues and clients in a positive, constructive and respectful manner;
- Ability to use office equipment and computer software programs;
- Ability to lift up to 20lbs.
Please note that you are encouraged to apply early as interviews will be scheduled as applications are received.
In meeting the objectives and vision of the organization, preference will be given to qualified individuals of First Nation, Métis, or Inuit ancestry, and are asked to self-identify on their cover letter.
This competition is open to internal and external candidates with the possibility of Secondment for internal candidates. The continuation of this position is subject to funding renewal.
Ontario Aboriginal Housing Services welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all candidates who choose to apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.