Expires On : August 21, 2020
Posted On : July 21, 2020
Company Name: Ontario Aboriginal Housing Services
Job Contact : HRPBO@oahssc.ca
Ontario Aboriginal Housing Services (OAHS), Peterborough ON
Up to 1- year contract (35 hours/week)
Position: Administrative Support Assistant
Closing: Posting will remain open until position is filled
Term: Up to 1- year contract (35 hours/week)
provides safe and affordable housing for First Nation, Métis, and Inuit people living in urban and rural areas of Ontario. Our Vision is “to lead the design, development and delivery of sustainable and culturally appropriate housing that promotes excellence in the Indigenous community and organizational infrastructures”.
Housing Services are provided throughout the province by over 75 Team Members as well as a wide range of Partners including Indigenous Organizations, Community Organizations, Governments (Municipal, Provincial, Federal), and Private Sector. Our Main Office and Service Centre is located in Sault Ste. Marie and we have Satellite Service Centres in Dryden, Peterborough, and Hamilton. Services provided include:
- Property management of over 2300 subsidized and unsubsidized housing units;
- Provision of an assisted homeownership program providing down payment and home purchase assistance;
- Provision of an assisted homeowner repair program;
- Supportive housing services for community members;
- Planning and development of new housing; and
- Program management, program development and title services to local community organizations.
Founded in 1994, OAHS provides housing services to both Indigenous and non-Indigenous people. OAHS is governed by representatives from three Indigenous organizations in Ontario – the Ontario Federation of Indigenous Friendship Centres, Ontario Native Women’s Association, and the Métis Nation of Ontario. Learn more at www.OntarioAboriginalHousing.ca
We are currently seeking Administrative Support Assistants for our Property Management team located in Peterborough, Ontario. Reporting to the Property Manager and working closely with the Property Management team, the successful applicant will be responsible for administrative support and receptionist duties.
Duties and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Utilizing various communication mediums to communicate with property management staff located onsite, in the field and in other OAHS offices;
- Completing meeting, travel and other event logistics as required;
- Utilizing Microsoft Office products to produce correspondence, spreadsheets and presentations;
- Maintaining electronic and manual filing systems for program and office administration;
- Maintaining program related data bases through input and reporting;
- Maintaining client data;
- Opening, logging and distributing incoming mail;
- Preparing routine responses through hard copy or email processes;
- Handling tenant inquiries and contractor queries;
- Assisting with coordination of building maintenance activities;
- Providing receptionist duties;
- Assisting Property Management Team with other related duties.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- College Diploma or University Degree in related field is preferred;
- Office/administrative experience preferred;
- A combination of education and experience will be considered;
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment, with a focus on quality and accuracy;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to use sound judgment.
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate both written and orally using multiple channels with a variety of stakeholders both internal and external to the organization.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills;
- Proficiency with MS Word, Outlook, and Excel;
- Knowledge of and an appreciation for Indigenous culture and demonstrated values that focus on assisting people.
Conditions of employment:
- Ability to travel as required (limited requirement);
- Ability to work varying hours/days if required;
- Valid CPIC clearance (Criminal Records check) and/or Vulnerable Sector Check;
- Current, valid Ontario Driver’s License (preferred) and safe driving record.
- In return for your ongoing excellent performance, strong work ethic, and commitment to our vision, mission, values, strategic plan, and the people we serve, Ontario Aboriginal Housing Services offers a comprehensive compensation package. This comprehensive compensation package includes:
- Challenging and fulfilling work; an inclusive and supportive team; and a work environment steeped in and guided by Indigenous culture;
- Additional paid holidays (in addition to statutory holidays) include Louis Riel Day, National Indigenous Peoples Day, Remembrance Day, and Family Day;
- Opportunity for cultural, educational and other approved leaves;
- Supported training opportunities for personal and professional development while reciprocally enhancing organizational capacity; and
- A competitive salary in pay band B1 with a range of $32,500.00 to $39,600.00.
Please note that you are encouraged to apply early as interviews will be scheduled as applications are received.
Human Resources Assistant
Ontario Aboriginal Housing Services Corporation
Attn: Human Resources
500 Bay Street, Sault Ste. Marie ON P6A 1X5
In meeting the objectives and vision of the organization, preference will be given to qualified individuals of First Nation, Métis, or Inuit ancestry, and are asked to self-identify on their cover letter.
This competition is open to internal and external candidates with the possibility of Secondment for internal candidates. The continuation of this position is subject to funding renewal.
Ontario Aboriginal Housing Services welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Ontario Aboriginal Housing Services also welcomes and supports diversity including people who identify as LGBTQ2S+.
We thank all candidates who choose to apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.