Manager of Tenant Services
Expires On : June 06, 2019
Posted On : May 06, 2019
Company Name: London Middlesex Community Housing
Job Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
London & Middlesex Community Housing. London, Ontario
JOB CONTENT OVERVIEW
POSITION: Manager of Tenant Services
REPORTS TO: Director of Tenant Services
Who we are: At London & Middlesex Housing Corporation we believe that housing is the foundation of a better tomorrow. LMHC provides 3,282 housing units across 32 properties for more than 5,000 people. Those who call LMHC home are a diverse cross-section of low income individuals including families, seniors, adults, and new Canadians.
LMHC Mission: We provide and maintain homes in a safe and supportive environment to meet the needs of the people we serve in our communities.
LMHC Vision: We envision healthy homes and communities in London & Middlesex. Leading by example, LMHC will help make a difference and positively impact lives using housing as the foundation.
Collaboration | Commitment
Accountable | Accessible
Respect | Responsive
Equity | Excellence
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This is a front-line management position that requires the successful candidate to balance a challenging portfolio working directly with tenants and agencies in our buildings and sites as well as supervising, supporting and coordinating both office-based and field staff to manage a diverse portfolio of adult, seniors and family homes and oversee the administration of Rent-Geared-to-Income programs and legal services.
- Identify team/departmental needs and requirements and manage related plans, activities and service delivery for assigned communities.
- Carry out unit inspections and follow-up on the results, attend evictions, investigate complaints.
- Monitor, evaluate and manage the operation of the assigned work team and provide overall supervision and direction to assigned staff to drive continuous improvement.
- Sign off of move-out records etc. to ensure compliance with benchmarks, policies, procedures, acts and laws.
- Recommend and implement departmental policies and procedures.
- Develop, monitor and evaluate team/departmental processes and workflows to encourage cohesiveness and ensure effective service delivery.
- Manage and oversee the business activities of the RGI program delivery, including liaison with external stakeholders as related to RGI administration.
- Coordinate and oversee appropriate resolution and facilitate tenant retention.
- Oversee the preparation and service of eviction notices in conjunction with your Legal Services Coordinators, in accordance with the RTA, and attend Landlord & Tenant Board hearings when required.
- Coordinate with tenants and tenant groups to resolve problems and deal with emergencies. Liaise with other agencies such as CAS, London Fire Services as well as London Police Services.
- Participate in interdepartmental management meetings and contribute to improvements in emergency preparedness and planning, and effective implementation of the emergency response plan.
- Put forward annual budget requests for general operations and capital expenditures.
- Participate in the rotational on-call requirement for the after-hours answering service.
- Participate in internal or external committee work.
- Provide support to the corporate office and/or other portfolios as required.
- Perform other related activities, as necessary or as assigned.
JOB SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, REQUIREMENTS
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of residential property management experience managing a diverse portfolio, including experience managing staff
- A post-secondary education in a related field, or Property Management certification (e.g. CIH, IHM, etc.)
- Working knowledge of RTA is required; knowledge of HSA is an asset
- Experience managing staff in a unionized environment is an asset
- Understanding of the diverse needs and abilities, socio-economic factors, and cultural diversity present in LMHC communities and workplace.
- Knowledge of risk management, safety and emergency preparedness and response.
- Advanced critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to appropriately prioritize projects with competing objectives and effectively manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Certification in WHMIS, First Aid and CPS would be an asset.
- Valid driver’s license and use of personal vehicle for business purposes.
POLICE RECORDS CHECK and VULNERABLE POSITION SCREENING:
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate must submit a current Police Records Check from their local police service for approve by LMHC. A current LMHC employee who is the successful candidate for this position must also provide this document unless it is already on file and not more than two years old.