Expires On : June 24, 2019
Posted On : June 10, 2019
Company Name: Victoria Park Community Homes
Job Contact : Recruiter@vpch.com
We have an opening for a 12-month, full-time contract position.
§ Start Date: July 2, 2019
§ Pay Rate: $23.82 per hour
§ Vacation Pay: 6% of the gross wages earned
§ Hours of Work: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday (8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
§ Location: high-rise residential complex in Hamilton, Ontario
|Key Functions and Duties|
· Complete tenant maintenance request items, as required.
· Serve various notices and correspondence.
· Conduct site inspections, identify deficiencies, and implement corrective action.
· Schedule, assign, and conduct preventative and ongoing maintenance.
· Complete maintenance in vacant units; make ready for new residents.
· Garbage compactor rooms to be checked and assist the Building Manager in changing bins and cleaning compactor room as required.
· Remove litter and empty garbage receptacles from the common, office, parking garage and playground areas outside the building daily.
· Make preliminary diagnosis and refer major electrical, heating, cooling, water system, life safety systems and elevator faults to the Building Manager.
· Will assist with the snow clearing/salting program as necessary.
· Determine maintenance supplies and equipment needs for the operations of the building and grounds.
· Assist with conducting monthly fire alarm testing.
· Arrange and schedule work according to priorities determined by the Manager.
· Perform other related duties as described in the position’s Job Summary.
|Skills and Qualifications|
§ Be able to work with limited supervision and be highly organized.
§ Possesses good communication skills and good interpersonal skills. Have the ability to work closely with management, subordinates and outside contractors/suppliers.
§ Be familiar with the operation of high-pressure hot water heating and domestic water systems.
§ Be reliable and possess a positive attitude.
§ Must enjoy fixing and maintaining building components in a proficient manner.
§ Be knowledgeable about the Residential Tenancies Act and the Ontario Rental Housing Tribunal procedure as well as the Housing Services Act is an asset.
§ Be able to work accurately with a large volume of various record keeping and reporting forms and follow corporate procedures.
· High school graduate, preferably in technical trades training, or equivalent.
· 3-5 years related experience and general maintenance.
· Be certified by a recognized authority to administer Emergency First Aid and CPR.
· Must attend all safety courses and training as required by the corporation.
· Be bondable and prepared to sign a “Bondability Affidavit”.
· Successful candidate will be subject to a satisfactory police background check at candidate’s expense.
· Possess a valid Class G Driver’s License and have daily access to a reliable vehicle.
· One parking space is provided (taxable benefit).
· Required to wear personal protective equipment.
· Required to attend meetings and education seminars from time to time.
This position is open only to those legally entitled to work for any employer in Canada.
Interested and qualified applicants can submit their resumes with cover letter by:
Monday, June 24, 2019 at 8:30 a.m. to:
Victoria Park Community Homes
155 Queen Street North, Hamilton, ON L8R 2V6
ATTN: Human Resources
By email: Recruiter@vpch.com or fax: 905-667-0354
Victoria Park Community Homes will accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment opportunities with Victoria Park Community Homes. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls or placement agencies, thank you.