Customer Services Representative
Expires On : January 25, 2019
Posted On : January 10, 2019
Company Name: Peterborough Housing Corporation
Job Contact : Liz DeCarlo
Peterborough Housing Corporation, Peterborough, ON
Position Customer Services Representative
Competition # 01-2019
Classification Administrative Group AG-7
Rate of Pay $22.61-$25.58 per hour
Hours of Work Full-time – 35 hours per week
Start Date to be negotiated with the successful candidate
Posting Date January 11, 2019
This is a permanent, full-time position within the Corporate Services Division of Peterborough Housing Corporation. The position will report to the Business Services Manager.
Reporting to the Business Services Manager, the successful applicant will be responsible for all aspects of customer service for Peterborough Housing Corporation including Housing Access Peterborough. Duties include:
- Reception, in person, electronically and by telephone
- Receiving rental payments, balancing cash/interac/cheque receipts and deposits
- Receiving/reviewing of lease renewals and applications for housing
- Sending, receiving and reviewing housing applications
- Managing applicants annual updates
- Reviewing and providing explanation of lease renewals with residents, as well as receiving updates regarding changes impacting their RGI rent
- Managing former tenant arrears and payment agreements
- Receiving and distributing incoming mail, preparing outgoing mail
- Maintaining and updating office filing systems including current and former tenant files, accounts payable, housing applications, office correspondence, etc.
- Maintaining office machinery, i.e.: postage meter, photocopier
- Maintaining and ordering office supply inventory
- Maintaining and organizing HAP forms and information documents
- Maintaining and updating PHC manuals and procedures manual
- Proven customer service and office administration skills working in a fast paced environment.
- A Broad knowledge of the housing sector as it applies to Peterborough Housing Corporation with an emphasis on the lease renewal and housing application process as well as the Residential Tenancy Act, the Housing Services Act, and the various housing and support resources in the community.
- A Sound knowledge of accounts receivable and cash management practices, procedures and processes along with a general understanding of the General Ledger and accounts payable processes is required.
- Intermediate-level proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and database software applications, including a working knowledge of YARDI Voyager Property Management and Rent Cafe
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently under pressure with speed and accuracy, to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and accurately
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to relate effectively to staff and clients from a broad range of socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Good keyboarding skills with the ability to key large volumes of data into various computer systems quickly and accurately
Complete Job Description available upon request
Deadline for application submission is 4:00 p.m. on Friday, January 25th, 2019
Please direct your application to the General Manager, CEO
“CONFIDENTIAL – Customer Service Representative 01-2019”
Peterborough Housing Corporation, 526 McDonnel Street, Peterborough, Ontario, K9H 0A6
Fax (705) 742-1404 email@example.com
Peterborough Housing Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.