CO-OP COORDINATOR/PROPERTY MANAGER
Expires On : February 13, 2019
Posted On : January 29, 2019
Company Name: Victoria Park Community Homes
Job Contact : Recruiter@vpch.com
Victoria Park Community Homes, Kitchener/Cambridge, ON
Victoria Park Community Homes is the largest private non-profit housing corporation in the province of Ontario. Our portfolio has grown to more than 2,650 apartments, townhouses, and single family homes located in Hamilton and neighbouring communities.
We are recruiting for a CO-OP COORDINATOR/PROPERTY MANAGER – KITCHENER/CAMBRIDGE AREA.
Reporting to the Manager, Resident and Property Services and working with other members of the management team, the incumbent will maintain office hours two days a week at a co-op and manage nonprofit housing properties outside this time. A significant amount of work can be required outside of regular hours, including but not limited to attendance at monthly evening client board meetings. Tentative start date: March 1.
Key Functions and Duties:
- Provide leadership and guidance to staff through example, skill, and understanding.
- Demonstrate ownership of problems and difficulties.
- Effectively direct all operations related to the assigned portfolio.
- Implement the Rent Collection Policy in accordance with the Residential Tenancies Act, to ensure the timely collection of all rental arrears.
- Direct the Corporate Paralegal on behalf of clients (as required) to secure writ of possession and judgment due as a result of any act committed by the Tenant(s) apart from non-payment of rent. This may include attendance at the Landlord Tenant Board and/or Ontario court.
- Respond expeditiously to complex complaints and inquiries from tenants, Board of Directors/Board Committees, elected representatives, Resident Managers, and the general public.
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal, and listening.
- Supervisory and managerial skills to direct on-site Resident Managers and other staff as may be required.
- Administrative skills to schedule routine work with computer systems and ensure timely completion of all reporting and legal filing requirements.
- Financial skills to assist in preparing and monitoring spending of annual “Operating Budgets”.
- Understand and meet the needs of the customer.
- Create enthusiasm and motivation for those under the position’s direct supervision as well as all others.
- Manage conflict, mediate disputes, and assist in reaching consensus.
- Have a full working understanding of the Yardi Voyager Property Management Software system and Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Education and Experience
- Community College diploma in the area of social science or a recognized Property Management Designation (CPM, AIHM) combined with a minimum of two years’ experience in co-operative housing management or property management
- An appropriate combination of education and a minimum of five years’ experience in the co-operative housing management or non-profit housing management field may be considered.
- Thorough knowledge of government housing programs and the ability to understand and interpret all related legislation such as the Housing Services Act, Residential Tenancies Act, Ontario Fire Code, Ontario Building Code, Employment Standards Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act and any acts currently being considered by the levels of government.
- Work is diverse and complex requiring a significant degree of independent judgment.
- Regular hours of employment are 35 hours a week Monday-Friday; daily start and end times vary according to clients’ requirements and are subject to change. Considerable work can be required outside of these hours.
- The incumbent works out of a home office.
- Attendance is required at monthly Board meetings of client groups where applicable. These are held outside of regular business hours.
- There is significant travel in the greater Hamilton/Burlington/Waterloo areas.
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted class G license for the class of vehicle operated.
- Have daily access to a reliable vehicle.
- Provide own transportation to travel to various locations.
- Successful candidate will be subject to a satisfactory Police Record Check
- This position is open to those legally entitled to work for any employer in Canada
Salary: Starting salary is $61,941 per annum + Car Allowance + Home Office tax deduction
Benefits: Group insurance plan (extended Health, Dental, Life, Long-Term Disability, Travel, Accidental Death and Dismemberment; Employee Assistance Plan); pension plan; professional training and development opportunities.
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week, Monday-Friday, with a significant amount of work required outside regular office hours.
Interested and qualified applicants can submit their resume with cover letter by email to Recruiter@vpch.com or by fax: (905) 667-0354. Deadline is Noon, Wednesday, February 13, 2019.
Victoria Park Community Homes will accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are requested to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants in employment opportunities with Victoria Park Community Homes. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls or placement agencies, thank you.
Download Job Description